Sunday, February 1, 2009

defeated

As stubborn as I am, I had to pull out of my race. I decided on Friday night after going to the store. I figured if I exhausted from grocery shopping, I probably wouldn't make it 13.1. miles. But it KILLED me! I was so sad not to go. So, Aaron and I have had a very quiet, relaxing weekend. I haven't done anything for the last two days but lounge in my sweats and sleep-10 hours last night! I've discovered that Musinex for chest and throat works great! Aaron is very thankful for it! I can't remember the last time I felt this bad! I think I'm feeling a little better today.
At school on Friday all of the teachers were talking about the lockdown. My 8th graders were silent on Friday- they knew they had been terrible the day before, and I just let it go. I think it was traumatic for all of us. I'm thankful I didn't know how close danger was to us until after it was over. I think the whole event bothered me more than I realized. One thing I am so thankful for is the awesome teachers I work with. They were so encouraging and supportive. I feel very blessed to be working with such caring people.
So we are having a quiet Superbowl in tonight, and I am taking a day off tomorrow to continue to get better. I might even take two days! As for the running, well.. I've already found another run to do. There's a half marathon in Bakersfield on the 20th of Feb. It won't be nearly as fun, or easy, but I am going to do it. Hopefully after another week of not running, my knee will feel better, and I can run again.

No comments: