
I absolutely love the gym I belong to- Total Woman. It's an all woman gym and has a great atmosphere. One of the cool things is how accessible the owner is. She teaches spin classes, and runs the training classes I go to, plus she is always visible at the gym. She always has a smile on her face and remembers who you are. I love her! This month she has an article coming out in a local magazine (actually she has one every month). I wanted to share some of that article because it is so inspiring. So here it is:
Recently I began working with Cathy whose starting weight was 399 pounds; she was determined not to reach 400. A mutual friend suggested that Cathy and I meet. I knew immediately that I could help her. She had a great attitude and very realistic expectations. She understood that she didn’t gain this weight overnight and wouldn’t lose it overnight either. She also decided that weight loss surgery was not an avenue she wanted to pursue. So, the story begins!
We will be following Cathy and her progress for the next year or two. Her weight loss goal is to get below 200 pounds in two years and ultimately have about 25-27% body fat. But she has many other goals that have less to do with form and more to do with function. We are more than a number on a scale or a dress size, so it is important to set goals that reflect that. (See Cathy’s other goals below).
Cathy is lucky, although she is overweight, her recent checkup with her doctor revealed no other serious health risks like high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, or other common weight related problems. She was cleared for exercise and we got started.
After a few consultations we decided that Cathy would wear a Body Bugg and that I would “coach” her, instead of personal train her. The Body Bugg tracks her calorie burn and she enters what she eats to get her calorie intake. That makes the process as easy as watching the numbers! I can track her progress by logging in and seeing how many calories she is burning and how many she is eating. This is an incredible tool that Cathy has found extremely motivating. It puts your goals in plain sight every day, and you will try your hardest to meet them.
After only 4 weeks Cathy has lost 50 pounds, 30 ¼ inches, and 5% body fat! She has a glow about her that is contagious and is confident that she will reach her goals and never go back! Look forward to an update in a few months and let her be an example that you don’t need a ranch!
No comments:
Post a Comment