So, I am signed up to run a half marathon at the beach on Sunday. I signed up for this run in November. I've been training for it since December- maybe before. And.... Three weeks ago while I was running I noticed a pain in my left leg close to my knee. I backed off a little, but I kept running. Now, the week before my run, I've had to stop running for the last two weeks. Then, I started to get a sinus infection last week. I did get antibiotics for it yesterday, so hopefully I will be able to breathe. So, all the odds are against, so it seems. I AM running on Sunday, and then I am taking some time off from running to recover. It may not be my best time, but I will finish. At least the run is along the beach almost the whole way; it should be inspiring.
Today we had a lockdown that started 15 minutes before the end of the day. I knew that couldn't be good! We ended up having a lockdown for almost 2 hours! I had my worst class for almost 2 hours after school! It was miserable. Very bad experience. I don't feel like going to work tomorrow. Don't feel like seeing them tomorrow- or again for that matter. Am really struggling to not hate them, and I don't normally feel that way about my kids.
Apparently there was an armed guy on the loose possibly on campus. It involved a kidnapping at a local store, sexual assault, and theft. Pray that they catch him; it's kind of scary. He's still on the loose tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment