Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Valentine's Day
I know this post is a few days late, but it is still bothering me, so I'm posting about it. I don't like Valentine's Day. Really don't like it. I thought it might have something to do with teaching junior high students, but I think I haven't liked it even before that. Junior high students buy those cheesy fake roses, big teddy bears, and heart balloons for their "girlfriends/boyfriends". You remember those from your junior high days? Well, I relieve it every year! I just can't stand them. I think it's all for commercial reasons. It's a "holiday" so we will spend money. Do we really need a day to tell someone you love them? Why not take everyday and do that? I think it would be more special to be surprised with roses any other day of the year just because. You know?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment