Sunday, February 22, 2009

For ladies Only


Okay girls, This one is for you. Today I went to the bridal store to order my bridesmaid dress for Michelle's wedding. (see dress above) So when they measure me for the dress it was a little depressing. Do you know what I'm talking about? My chest wasn't even a size 4-and I was wearing my "enhancer bra"! My waist was between a 6-8, and of course my hips were at least an 8! How am I supposed to buy one dress size for my many mis-sized parts? Come on? Do I purchase a smaller size and hope that my hips and waist fit into it? Do I purchase the larger size and have half the width cut from the chest area? And will that even look normal?
Do these dress companies really think there is a woman out there that will have a large chest and no waist or hips? Who fits into these dresses? Why is it that you always have to order a dress in a larger size than you normally wear? I say we woman protest! If we all revolt and refuse to wear these ridiculous sizes then the dress companies (who must be run by men) will have no choice but to listen to us!
Now, if I can only get the courage to tell my best friend I refuse to buy a dress in a larger size for her wedding....

5 comments:

The Reeds said...

Oh my word... you don't even want me to get started.......

SKI SUIT!!!!!!!!

The Reeds said...

Thanks for the comments and encouagement. I've done it all before but I've never been "here". Which is always relative I suppose.. UG. this stressful year has NOT helped..... Onward, upward!

Erin said...

Jennifer,
It is so true about the dress makers. Tell everyone i said hi I cannot get on facebook from the schools computers the site is blocked.
Erin

Erin said...

Jennnifer,
Tell the Crew that I said Hi. I cannot check facebook on these computers. I wish I knew what to tell you about the dress I have no clue though except that there are very few people that who fit in them off the rack
Erin

Merissa said...

Well I'm right there with ya! Mine will have to be altered up top but oh well! You'd think after having kids and gaining weight that I would at least have a bigger top area- nope, not me!