Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Vacation Update #2



We are almost finished with our first trip of the summer with only one full day left. We've had a great time and got a lot of activities packed in. Yesterday, we ran in the morning and then went to the lake in the afternoon- where I (jennifer) got sunburned. When am I going to learn? Actually my sunburn began Sunday while riding bikes, but it got worse Monday. After the lake, we went back to the room and relaxed. Then we found a nice patio restaurant for dinner in Tahoe City. Here we are at dinner...


This morning we went for a hike up a mountain. We hiked for about 2 hours, then came back and got ready. I actualy got more sunburned on the hike- it was morning-I didn't think about getting burned this morning. We grabbed lunch at the quaint deli in Tahoe City. It was attached to a nurcery/tree farm. They had the BEST homemade bread and HUGE sandwhiches! Then we drove about an hour to the South Shore. Here are some pictures from our trip.

This is Emerald Bay- one of the most photographed places in the world! It was absolutely gorgeous! The water is so clear!


This is at Eagle's Falls. We are at the top of the waterfall- which you can't see in this picture.


There are the waterfalls. It's huge right now!

Well, tomorrow we are going to hike somemore- maybe 8 miles this time. Then we are going to go into Reno, NV and explore some more.

No comments: