Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Best Friend

My friend Michelle is leaving me to move across the country for some guy... (okay so she has a ring on her finger, and he's awesome, that's beside the point), so I'm on the search for a new friend. Who will I call when I need justification for buying a Coach bag? Who will I go shopping with when I feel the urge to spend money?? Who will spend more than me and make me feel better about my purchases? Well, I've found my person...

My 3 year old niece Emily says we can be best friends. Here's why: she likes grapes; I like grapes. She likes naps (as you can see in the picture) I like naps. She likes books; I like books. She can't stay awake for more than 30 minutes in a car ride; I can't either. She likes shopping... well we'll have to see about that one- something tells me she's not on my level yet! Grapes, books, napping... What more could you need out of a best friend, right? She may be my best friend ,but she said she wouldn't take me to the doctor when I get too old to take myself. Maybe her older sister will...

This was in the car today. I was watching Emily while her parents worked. We went to the church to get ready for Preschool VBS (what was I thinking signing up for that?) when Emily decided that she needed to "barrow" the Clifford dog and sunglasses from the recource room. How could I say no?? She didn't make it 10 minutes in the car on the way back to my house before she was out! Isn't she adorable?

No comments: