Everyone says the 2nd trimester is the "honeymoon" period of pregnancy. Well, the 1st trimester hasn't been bad at all, so I couldn't possibly think that it could get any better. Until yesterday. Yesterday I was able to eat, and I actually-dare I say- craved vegetables! I loved vegetables until week 6. Then it all stopped. Couldn't eat them any more. I took up carbs and was in Heaven. I was eating foods I haven't eaten in at least a year. It was great. Then on Thursday night as I was eating pancakes for dinner for the third night this week, I realized that I was in carb overload. Friday, tried to eat Green beans and I loved it! Ate them again today and am so excited about being about it eat them again! Maybe the 2nd trimester will be even better.
The other exciting thing is that I actually felt like doing something today. My weekends are very lazy. I usually get up early Saturday morning to run. Then I come home, read the paper, clean up the house and shower. After lunch I am down for a nap- like a 3 hour nap! But even that isn't even lately, and all I've felt like doing is... nothing. But today, after my 3 hour nap, I was feeling pretty good, so we took the dogs to the dog park and I got some more exercise walking around. It was nice!
I was relieved to find jeans and dress pants in my closet that still fit this week! I did go shopping last night to get some tops that are fit looser. I think those will last me a long time- hopefully! Can't wait to start shopping for maternity clothes!
No comments:
Post a Comment