Sunday, October 18, 2009

new worries

So I came down with the flu on Friday. I called my dr. who told me what I could and couldn't take. Then I called my primary care dr. after I discovered I had a fever. I went in and he prescribed Tamiflu but suggested I not take it unless I really need it. Well I went away from there feeling so stressed and confused. I got home and did research online about Tamiflu and pregnancy. Then I called my ObGyn on Sat. morning who told me to take the Tamiflu. This is one of those concerns that I have as a new mom. There are so many questions about taking this drug and the effects on my unborn child. Then there are stories of preg. woman dying from the flu because it turns into pneumonia. It has been a stressful few days. So, day three of the flu and I'm sure it will get better on its own, but I have decided to take the tamiflu anyway because I think it will end it faster and I won't worry about it getting worse. Now I just worry about my unborn baby. I guess that means it's time to pray.... Where's that motherly instinct?? I don't like making decisions that affect my child!