Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Not-so-wordless Wednesday



I was just going to post the pic, but I couldn't resist telling you all about our baby! Last April CA started doing different screenings. The first trimester screenings include an ultrasound and blood test. While I'm not excited about the screening in general, I was excited about getting to see my baby again! The baby was not very cooperative the first time, so I had to drink lots of fluids and come back after half an hour. After 2 1/2 hours there the dr. felt bad we had to wait so long so he printed TONS of pictures for us! I was like, I don't care how long it takes if you keep showing us our baby!
Aaron and I were so amazed at how the baby actually looks like a baby now! It looked like a peanut just 6 weeks ago! Baby was very active! He/she just kept jumping and jumping and didn't like it when the dr. poked to get it to turn over- so he/she would just stop moving altogether. (already stubborn! lol!) I could see the hands and feet! In fact the baby almost looked like it was sucking its thumb at one point! I loved EVERY minute of watching it! Amazing!
Seeing the baby today made this more real. Like I have a baby inside me! I am going to give birth to a real person in 27 weeks! I am REALLY pregnant!

2 comments:

Merissa said...

THANK YOU for posting so quickly! He or she is so very precious already!!! I love those ultrasound pics and watching the baby move. Can you feel movement yet?

The Reeds said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!