Okay, I did find my self control again and half of those three pounds went away, so I was feeling pretty good until week 8. It is killing me! It's like last week clothes looked good on my- even with my 3 lbs- this week- not so good! I don't know what the deal is in one week! I got my pictures from the Disney Half Marathon and my worst fears were confirmed- my shorts were riding the WHOLE race! My tummy is so bloated that it makes my shorts fit differently and now my shorts ride! Time for some longer shorts! Yesterday, I put on a pair of dress pants that I wore last year and was so pleased to find that they fit. Sure they were a little tight in the waist, but they fit! By noon, they were too tight for me! Today, I asked my friend who was preg. last year if this was happening to her at 2 months... she said she didn't remember showing until the 4th month!! I was thinking, Oh great!
The topper: this evening, I was running with my running group and a sweet well-meaning lady said, "I guess I can say congratulations since you're showing." I was like since I'm showing??? I'm showing? I'm two freaking months! I can't be showing yet!!!! Wait,... it gets better. Then she said. "I noticed your hips were getting ready for motherhood a while a go (translation: I noticed your butt getting bigger weeks ago!). Oh my gosh! I just smiled and ran ahead of her. I couldn't listen to anymore of this! I know that my tummy is looking bigger right now- bloated maybe. But, I didn't think anyone could see it under my clothes!!! I'm only 8 weeks! I can't be showing already! I'm going to be wearing maternity clothes at 3 months at this rate!
Okay- before I get lectured on being pregnant and gaining weight- I KNEW that I would get bigger with pregnancy and I KNOW I will gain weight. But I didn't think my body would be changing this much in 1 week!
When I got home- I cried to Aaron about it and do you know what he said? He said, "You need to eat, sit down and eat right now." Eat? Didn't he hear what I just said? I don't need to eat! Apparently my sweet husband doesn't understand pregnancy hormones and thought I was so upset because I was hungry. It did make me laugh. So sweet!
2 comments:
I understand, I started "showing" at six weeks. My sister is due a few weeks before you and there is no hiding her baby bump. Just go with it and enjoy every moment! Be sure to take pictures.
I think I would feel the same! Does it make you feel better that i was practically wearing maternity clothes last year?
:(
Thanks a lot weird Target shirts.
don't worry! It will come off.. FOR SURE. FO SHO. No worries. And I hate to say it- but you're hubbies right. Eat it up.
You're healthy. You're exercising. You're wise with your food.
A little grubbin' it up won't hurt!
Post a Comment