Thursday, September 10, 2009

Self Control Where art thou?

I am finally 8 weeks pregnant! Woohoo! Only 7 more months to go! After running this weekend, I was eating A LOT! The cool thing was that I wasn't gaining any weight. So I thought, oh awesome! I can eat more food and as long as I'm active, I won't gain a whole bunch of weight. Fast forward three days- and three pounds heavier- and I've got to find my self control! What happened to me so quickly? I am hungry- like all the time and am not feeling nearly as sick as I was. But... I am eating a LOT more. Yikes! So, I am trying to cut back on what I'm eating AND try to eat good foods- no more cake and cookies and M&Ms. (Before I end up with Gestational diabetes!) Tonight, I had a subway sandwich for dinner and a small vegetable soup THEN I was craving- cinnamon toast crunch cereal- with milk!b So I had one serving (which is barely anything) and then another serving! What is going on here? And cravings- they are more intense than any other cravings ever. Thank goodness it hasn't been too often or for foods that are bad for me yet. They take over my brain and I can't think of anything else. I am hoping that I find my self control soon because I don't think it's okay to gain three pounds in three days at any point in your pregnancy!

2 comments:

Stace said...

That is exactly how I was at the beginning. I ate and ate and ate. That is when I gained most of my weight (probably the 10 pounds I still haven't lost). The grocery store was the worst; one night I came home with the most random assortment of impulse buys (including slim jims and twizzlers). Keep us updated! When is your due date?
Stacy

Jennifer Mykytiuk said...

I am due April 23rd.