Yesterday I ran my last long race until after this baby is born. It was my second half marathon and definitely a fun one! Anyone want to join me next September? We ran through Disneyland and California Adventure, through the back lots. There were characters and staff to cheer us on. Then we ran to the Honda Center and the Angels Stadium. Probably the coolest part was running on the field at Angels stadium. There were people there to cheer us on. Your name was printed on your bib so all along the way people would shout your name to encourage you. It was really motivating! It felt great to run it. Although today all I felt like doing was resting- so I did all day.I'm still feeling good. The nausea seems to lessen with the more carbs I eat, so I'm eating more carbs. Running is something that I hope to continue to do throughout my pregnancy. We'll see how long I feel good enough to run, but I am hoping it is for a while. I've done my research on this and running is a low risk activity during your first two trimesters (and it's not like I'm going to be "running" in my third trimester). I've had to change my thinking though. I can already tell my pace has slowed down and that's okay with me. I am not worrying about my pace anymore. I am just going to run and take it as slow as I need to. My focus now is staying active during my pregnancy (which is great because I can eat so much more food!). I am also hoping that it will give me the stamina I need for labor. I am thankful that my morning sickness is so minimal that I can continue to exercise!
No comments:
Post a Comment