Thursday, July 15, 2010

Packing and Packing, Oh my!

Life this week has been a little crazy. It seems to come in spurts like that. One week I am bored and going crazy at home, the next week there isn't a moment to spare. The child care search was on this week. We thought we had the college aged girl coming to our house, but much to my sadness, that fell through. So, I put a request in to only work part time next year, but that isn't going to work out as of right now. I am praying someone will pop up that can teach half a day of English within the next three weeks, but if not, I am requesting it for next year as well. The first child care lady we met was nice, but I just didn't get a good feeling about it. How do you know this person- you just met- won't turn out to be a pedophile? I got in the car, and cried and cried. Suddenly, I wasn't as concerned with my child being played with to develop mentally this year as much as I was concerned just with her safety. Then, the next place was a church day care center. I really liked them, much to my surprise. They had thought of things I had not. But... they are not taking infants right now. I think we will revisit that place when she is one. Today, was another interview and it went well. I think I like this lady. She was very informative, wanted to make sure we felt good about having her watch Madeline. Wanted to hold her, and showed a genuine interest in her. She was like a grandma. I liked it. This one is looking good. It is not too far from my school, and the price is good- at this point that didn't really matter anymore. We are going to pray about it, but I didn't leave there crying- and that's a first!

In other news, we are packing to go camping at the beach. Do you know how much STUFF a baby needs? Oh my goodness! Not only do I have to pack her stuff, mine, our tent items, etc., I still need to buy several things AND bake several dozen cookies and make sandwiches for the trip. I am still not sure how I am going to do all this while taking care of an infant. And in the middle of all this, we decide to go test drive a Chevy Equinox and end up buying one today- you know because we have so much time... We've been thinking about this for awhile and today, the price was right, so we got it. It will be much easier to get a car seat in and out of than my car.

So, I leave you with a picture of Madeline helping me pack her things, as you can see, it was too much for her. (good thing I didn't leave the packing up to her)

No comments: