Sunday, April 25, 2010

Looking Back and Thinking Ahead

A year ago from this weekend I ran my first (and only) full marathon. So, this weekend, when all my running friends were in Carmel running it again, I was supposed to be home taking care of a newborn. Instead, I am sitting at home WAITING for a newborn to come! While I've continued to run/jog throughout my pregnancy, I've taken time off from races. It's really been nice. While difficult at first, I came to enjoy this time. Well, that was until this weekend... when I would have LOVED to be at that marathon again.

My friends have started planning for fall races, and I have to say I am so excited to have something to work toward and look forward to! So, even though I can't start recovering yet, since there's nothing to recover from yet, I have put my first half marathon on the calendar! The first weekend in December I will be in Las Vegas running the Vegas Rock N Roll half! I am really excited about being able to run it. That gives me 8 months to prepare. There's the Disneyland Half marathon I am also considering,but it is Labor Day weekend, and I need to make sure I will be ready before I sign up for that one. Anyway, as I was thinking back to where I was a year ago I am excited to look ahead to where I CAN be a year from now: running my second marathon in Carmel!

No comments: