Saturday, August 2, 2008

Myrtle Beach

After our long drive across country, we rested. Boy did it feel good to sleep in! We were staying at Merissa's in-laws house. We had this nice room above their garage to ourselves. It was so quiet in there, I could have slept all day.. but we had shopping to do! After lunch, we headed to the outlets (one of two in the Myrtle Beach Area!). We had a great time shopping. The next day, we did some more shopping as well. At night, we went to dinner at some great restaurants! Here are some pictures from the trip:my feet in the Atlantic Ocean!

Michelle will be living with Merissa and her family in little River- about 30 minutes from Myrtle beach- for a while. Michelle works in Little River too. I thought South Carolina was really neat. I loved the Myrtle Beach area, and the church people seem really nice. I think Michelle will be great there.

While I enjoyed my time there, I was really happy to be home. The South is a different place- even different than Texas (although, Texas is in a league of its own!). I don't think I could fit in there. I think this trip showed me how much I love California. When I stepped off the plane in Los Angeles and it was 68 degrees with very little humidity, I thought I was in Heaven! I'm glad to be home now.

4 comments:

Stace said...

I loved reading about your trip! Glad you made it home safe. I am happy for Michelle. I love to hear stories of people getting set up and it working (I was set up with Andrew in much of the same way)!
Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Stacy (Harlan) Miller

Anonymous said...

I just read all your journey entries. You have made me so jealous! I haven't seen the Atlantic OR Pacific! And I really want to go see D.C. Maybe next summer I will plan a road trip. You're my inspiration. Glad you had fun!

Merissa said...

You are such a good friend Jen! Thanks for driving out here with Michelle and for being so supportive- and for not hating me too much! :) It was so good to hang out with you- I look forward to seeing you more often now!

Merissa said...

I miss you already! - Michelle