So, I'm home all summer with nothing to do, and I have a lot to write about... School starts, and I am very busy, and I can't think of anything to write about... How's that? The first week of school is always so boring to me. I just want my kids to be trained already and to drive into the standards. Here's some things I've observed this last week:
The difference between 7th and 8th graders (oh and there are many!):
7th- scared and timid the first week of school.
8th-cool with attitude the first week ( I can't wait till their first week of high school!)
7th- get quiet when you ask them to stop talking
8th- argue that they weren't talking when you ask them to stop talking
7th- laugh at your stupid jokes
8th- roll their eyes at your stupid jokes
7th- turn their homework in a day early
8th- are finishing their homework as you collect it
I could go on and on... I have two classes of 7th grade advanced and one class of 32 8th grade regular kids. This is going to be an interesting year. I feel almost like I need to be two totally different teachers for the two groups. I can be excited and animated with the 7th graders, but I have to be subdued and boring with my 8th graders. Not to mention- this class of 8th graders is different than any other class I've ever had. It may take a while to get a feel for them.
One week down and many more to go. I've had to weekend to relax and recover my voice. I think I'm ready for another week. Maybe I'll have more to write about this week.
1 comment:
Wow, a class of 32 kids! That is crazy!
Post a Comment