Saturday, August 9, 2008

It's a Small World After All

So, yesterday I happened to be doing a lot of driving around, and I kept hearing this voice on the radio that sounded familiar. It was the voice of a "Cari Kates", but it sounded like the voice of Caryann Wheeler from Wayland. So, when I got home I did some investigative work. I googled her, and got WBU's website. I read an article about Caryann, known as Cari Kates on the radio. It stated that she was a radio DJ in Birmingham in 2007. I put two and two together and discovered I was right, it WAS Caryann Wheeler! I found her email through Footprints, sent her a message, and heard back from her almost immediately! How cool was that?

It just so happens that she is a DJ on our local Christian radio station and lives an hour from here. She moved here only two weeks ago. She happened to have an event she was working in Bakersfield today, so I met up with her after she was finished. How exciting is that? I had a great time getting to catch up on the past 8 years! I can't believe it's been that long! It's so nice to get to see people from Wayland, especially so far from Texas. What a nice surprise!

2 comments:

Stace said...

That is crazy! I love when things like that happen. How cool that you could recognize her voice.

Merissa said...

That is cool!