Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Spirit

We had a great Thanksgiving week. Only 2 1/2 days of school. A week off from graduate classes. Relaxing, eating, and shopping, shopping, shopping. Aaron likes to blame me for the shopping and spending, but I can not tell you how many times I hear him say, "Oh, Madeline loves to play with _____, we have to get her _____."
Anyway, We really had a nice weekend, and we got our house decorated for Christmas. I was so looking forward to this this year because Madeline is older and enjoys the decorations. She helped us put the ornaments on the tree, and take them off the tree again... and again... and again. We only had three broken ornaments this year...
We have a family tradition of starting our Thanksgiving day off with a 4 1/2 mile run and a beautiful park outside of town as the sun is rising. It is early and cold. But we really have grown to enjoy this time. I meant to take a picture of Madeline all bundled up in her stroller this year to compare to last year, but by the time we were done running, she was done riding.

Speaking of running... it looks like I am going to have to hang my running shoes up temporarily, I seem to have an injury. I've felt it for a while, tried to ignore it but after the LA half Oct. 30th it is worse. So, I went to a foot dr. and he thinks I have Tibialis Anterior Tendonitis (maybe...). So I was instructed to rest... and so... I ran 14 1/2 miles last weekend.

And now.. I am resting...
kind of...
I am at least not running (which is what causes the pain). I am trying to do spin class a few times a week and some strength training. I'm a little sad. No marathon for me in March now. I go back to the dr. Tuesday to find out the MRI results. Pray that I DON'T have to wear a boot! I mean, I teach 7th graders! Wearing a boot while teaching 7th graders- that is a cruel form of punishment!
Here are some Christmas pictures from our latest photo shoot.




2 comments:

The Reeds said...

cutest pictures EVER!! She has the sweetest little button nose! :) And what an awesome tradition of a run! I am the only "pretend" runner in this house so st like that would never happen. And super sorry for your injury. Injuries stink!

I love hearing about your work outs! I need inspiration. ;0)

Merissa said...

She is adorable- I love her cute outfit!