So I am on a two-week break from my graduate classes and I don't know what to do with myself! It is WONDERFUL! The first few nights I would sit at my computer anyway thinking there was something I needed to do. But this week, this is the first night I have turned it on, and that was only to buy books for the next classes that start Monday. =( So sad. But I'm pressing on and getting it done! I am taking THREE classes this term because I have a student teacher, so I was thinking I would have LOTS of time to work on my classes... we'll see, not looking that way right now.
I ran a half marathon in Los Angeles Sunday and I had my best time ever! I am so excited! My time was 2:11 and 2:14 officially (I am counting the potty detour as part of my 13.1!) After the race, I was spent! Done! But now, I thinking... maybe I COULD train for a full.... I don't know... we'll see. That half was NOT easy! I felt prepared, but it was warm and there were a few hills I was not expecting!
Madeline and Daddy spent their first 24 hours alone this weekend. And they did great! Have I mentioned what a great dad Aaron is? He really is the better parent in many ways. I am so thankful for the time I did get to go away this weekend. It was very relaxing. My friend (a single mom of two) and I didn't know what to do with ourselves in the hotel room! We rested and were in bed watching a movie by 8pm! I know- aren't we adventurous!
Well, I am leaving for now, got lots of reality TV to catch up on! Madeline has strep throat now! So, I will be home with her on Friday. Luckily she SEEMS to feel fine except her throat! She's such a trooper! No fever, whining, crying, fussing! She is just her normal self! Hopefully we caught it early and can get it to go away quickly!
1 comment:
OH my word.. She is so cute!!! And she does look like a busy little girl. But she actually looks like such a BIG girl!!!
And I know- taking classes and work were nearly IMPOSSIBLE for me, much less training for a half and having a baby.. I CANNOT imagine!!!
If you go for the full you have to chronicle it.. please??
Post a Comment