Tuesday, November 15, 2011

eat your veggies!

So, two exciting small things happened last week!
1.Football is over!!! Yippee! Aaron coached his last game of the season last
night. And to celebrate, tonight I went to.... THE GYM! It had been 84 days
since I last stepped foot in there. I was so excited to get to go back to the
gym tonight. I didn't realize how yucky I felt until I was done at the gym and
started crying I was so happy to be able to go again! So, I am signed up for
classes and so happy to be there! Working out at home just doesn't do it for
me.
Second exciting thing last week: We subscribed to a local organic veggie and fruit delivery service. Here's THIS week's box.
I've wanted to do this for a long time and finally did. I am struggling to get enough, well ANY, veggies in me these days. I figured if all I had to do was pick them up then I would eat
them. And I was right! I love this! Saturday night I made yummy fresh green
beans (maybe with a little fried onion with it). Then Sunday I threw the rest
of the veggies along with some from the fridge into a skillet and made a stir
fry. Best. Idea Ever! Here's what it looked like---

Look at all the colors! I added some olive oil ( my new
favorite ingredient) and some wheat noodles because that's all I had in the
house. So it has radish, celery, garlic, bell pepper, broccoli, carrots, kale,
and zucchini. My mother-in-law would be so proud of my creation! Seriously,
this is as creative as I get! And to cook TWO meals that didn't come premade in
a frozen package... that is HUGE! I love this! In fact, I ran out and had to
make more tonight! It was like my body was craving the vegetables! And the really
exciting part.... I lost two pounds last week! I am attributing those 2 little
guys to the veggies I ate this week because I did not work out once! And this
is the ONLY thing I've changed in my life/diet.
These veggies and fruits are amazing. Aside from
all of the above, we also got pomegranates and persimmons in our basket. I cannot
wait to make persimmon cookies this weekend! We also got pears and I made a really good pear crisp! Not healthy, but super good! And I tried pomegranates for the
first time... and I LOVE them! I am excited for Saturday when I pick up our
basket!

Madeline got hives after Strep! The dr. thinks it was her body's way of fighting off a viral infection. We think we are healthy now (fingers crossed). She is certainly back to her active self. Seriously! While I cooked Saturday, she destroyed the living room! IN a matter of minutes! She LOVES books right now and at night before bed time she will sign books and say "book". So sweet. She is saying more understandable words these days. She says "side" for outside, shoes, socks- doesn't exactly sound like that though, bye, and so many other words. Loving these days!

1 comment:

The Reeds said...

Yay for more veggies! I was wanting to sign up for one of those coops too! congrts on the two pounds. EAch pound counts! I googled five pounds of fat and look at that picture (gross right? But motivating). So I've only lost ten pounds but that's a big load of fat!!!

Keep us updated as you keep working at it.

ps. I lived on olive oil as my fat source while I was on my restricted bf diet... Lurve it.

Show us more pics of your little girl!! Hive free of course.. poor thing! :(