Wednesday, October 12, 2011

more pictures and mom feelings

Our group picture with Bob AFTER the workout- I looked REALLY bad- like mascara running bad!
This was the before picture in the room we waited in until it was time to shoot the video.
Wow! That is a nice picture of Bob! Wow! This was in the studio.
Sitting the the director's chairs waiting to workout.
This was in the studio. See where I am (in the middle, center- only one in shorts). Well, Bob pretty much was right in front of me the whole time.
These pictures are courtesy of Kristin Stehly of stuftmama.com. She was so nice and I was so glad to get to meet another toddler running mama- although she is way more in shape and hard core than I am!
So, I got an email inviting me to do another workout with Bob next week. But... I have this JOB that is getting in the way. I am so bummed, but I am going to be responsible, go to work, get my daughter and stay home. Maybe another time though! I told her to PLEASE ask again!
I felt so weird leaving Madeline Monday. I've never left her to go out of town alone! And to just drop her off at daycare and leave... I felt like an irresponsible parent. Like I was commiting an illegal act or something!
Then... she got sick and I felt even worse. Like I said earlier (didn't I?) she had a runny nose, but as the day went on, it got worse. Aaron stayed home with her Tuesday. She was fine except she was congested. I took her to daycare today. When I picked her up, the sitter said she was soaking wet when she got her up from her nap this afternoon, like she had had a fever that broke. Then I felt horrible! But she didn't act sick tonight. I wish she could just TELL me what is wrong!
I feel like a horrible mom sometimes. Let's just say Aaron has way more patience with her and does so much better with her. Maybe it's because I am with her alone in public more than him, but this afternoon was rough. We went straight to Costco after school, even though I thought she might have a fever (bad mom). She was fine, except that she ate all the food in my purse and was getting fussy. So was I for that matter, we had been waiting at the pharmacy for 20 minutes! Then we had to rush to the Title company to sign escrow papers... with a 17 month old running around the conference room. It just stresses me out!
By the time we finally got home, I had had it. So, I went for a run! Good decision #2 of the day! Thank goodness I have a wonderful husband who knew I needed a break and let me have 30 minutes to run. Good decision #1 was changing my Chili's lunch order to a better choice. I won't talk about the Bad decisions I made during our inservice this afternoon called Reese's and milky way! grr! I didn't even feel good after eating them!
So, how's my weight loss motivation going??? Great actually! Yesterday, I got home and felt like sitting on the couch. But, I check my calories burned on my body bugg and saw that it wasn't enough, and off Madeline and I went for a short run. I've lost a couple of pounds since last week already! This body bugg is what does it for me! It forces me to see how many calories I am REALLY burning in a day and how many I am eating. And you know what I realized after just one day- I was consuming too many calories for how few I am burning. And there's the answer to the mystery of why I can't lose weight for the past 17 months! It's hard to reprogram my mind to eat less after 2 years of not counting calories and not being overly concerned with what I ate.
So I ran tonight and last night. Tomorrow, I am starting this workout program called "60 Day Slim down" or something. I am doing it with another mom friend to keep each other accountable. I am feeling great and have way more energy. I forgot how great it feels to work out. Hoping this weight loss continues!

No comments: