Saturday, October 8, 2011

Found my motivation!

Well, my weight loss has turned into a weight gain. I am struggling to get this weight off! And honestly, have not much motivation except my jeans don't fit any longer. Well, that's all changed..
Last week on Facebook, I follow Bob Harper from The Biggest Loser. He is always posting about how he teaches this spin class in LA on Saturday mornings and I think it would be SO fun to go! So, when he asked if anyone was interested in a group exercise class with him this week, I replied. Then I got an email with all the info. It wasn't just an exercise class, it was the shooting of a workout video and they needed people to be in it! Um... not exactly what I was looking for, but I really think a class with Bob would be what I need to get my booty back in shape.
The email stated that it was Monday from 12-3pm and that you needed to be able to do 30 min. of continuous exercise. I was all ready to sign up when Aaron reminded me that I have a daughter who needs to be picked up at 3:30. Rats! I decided to go ahead and email them a response and tell them about myself. It couldn't hurt, right? I mean, if I did get picked I could figure out what to do with Madeline. It would only be a couple of hours.
Thursday went by, no response. Friday went by, no response. I figured by then I was NOT what they were looking for.
Then I got an email Friday evening. I was in! Yikes! The reality set in that I was actually going to do this thing. Aaron decided that he could leave practice early and pick Madeline up.
So, I am calling in for a sub, taking the day off. And going to work out with Bob! I am way excited and SUPER scared! I am out of shape! I may be able to run for 30 minutes straight, but a workout video is different! It is way more high intensity and I haven't exactly worked out my arm or butt, or stomach muscles in a long time. I have no idea what kind of workout it will be (praying it's not yoga!). I am trying not to have any expectations going in to this except that it is a fun experience and hopefully a good workout.
The good thing is, I have already gained motivation! I need to make sure I bring my A game with me, so I am eating better (maybe I can lose a lb or so before Monday..) and today I ran 11 miles BY MYSELF! and only stopped once in the first 10 to take my sweatshirt off. I haven't ran 11 miles alone since Vega last year, and that was BAD! I felt great today! I am thinking I should try one of Bob's workout videos tomorrow- like twice in a row, but I am afraid of being really sore on Monday also, which would not help things.
So, say a little prayer for me Monday if you think about it. Hoping things go well... I have a tendency to end up embarrassing myself and looking like an idiot.

1 comment:

The Reeds said...

What a fun experience!!!! I'm so proud of you! Please do share and I"ll pray for you today!