Friday, January 1, 2010

God's Hand

Four years ago we moved into our first home (that we purchased). At the time the market was rising and rising. We felt very lucky to get in before the market peaked. We prayed and prayed about that decision and felt like it was the right thing to do- like God had allowed us even blessed us with that house. Once we were in the house, the market took a dive and we were way upside down in our house- still are today. It was a frustrating time, I'm sure for many people. For us, it was a time when we questioned if we had listened to God correctly or if we had heard what we wanted to hear. We wanted (still do) to make Godly, smart financial decisions.
Last summer, the opportunity came up for us to buy a larger home for less than we bought our first home. This was a scary decision. We prayed and prayed about it and are still praying about it. We felt like God's hand was in this as well, but after the last house, we weren't sure. So, we took a risk/leap of faith and bought this new house in hopes that we would find renters for the other one. We prayed and stressed about finding renters- not really knowing what we would do if we didn't find one.
We were contacted by a young couple from out of state who wanted to rent our house. The more we talked with this couple, the more excited I got about renting our house to them. She is pregnant and due on the SAME day as me. They are a young couple who have never lived in this area before. Slowly God opened my eyes to this opportunity. Not only could we have this couple as renters, we could minster to them. I am really excited about being open to God and seeing how he will use us with this couple. I still don't know if this is going to work out, and if it doesn't, I know God will still guide us, but I can't help thinking that maybe this is a ministry that God will allow us to be a part of, maybe this is a reason we bought that house 4 years ago. Who knows? I am excited to go on this journey- wherever it may take us.

No comments: