
I've been meaning to update my blog with pictures but keep forgetting. Overnight- like from Sunday to Monday last week my clothes went from fitting to totally not fitting! I'm serious. Okay, well it sure seemed that way. Maybe the fact that I wore sweat pants for two weeks had something to do with it too. I'm finally feeling like I look pregnant and not just fat. I like it A LOT more! Here's what's been happening in the fifth month:-tried on maternity clothes at the Motherhood store yesterday, and for the first time, they actually fit. It was fun trying on clothes and getting a couple of things that will last me (hopefully)
-Tried to register for baby at Babies R Us over the break and it was SO overwhelming. In fact, I find all of this baby shopping overwhelming. Except buying her clothes which would explain why that's all I've bought so far. There are way too many sippy cups and bottles to choose from!
-I am feeling a little behind- like I need to have the baby room done ASAP. I could have her early, and I am worried I won't be ready.
-Acid reflux is a bad thing. Once it starts, it stays all day long. I have found some foods that are worse than others. Mostly if I stay active after I eat, I'm okay.
- I bought the Snoogle- body pillow and I LOVE IT! How will I ever sleep without it after the baby's born.
-Baby is great! She is so active! The last two times I've been to the Dr, they've commented on how active she is. They called her a tomboy last time. I am worried that she will be like her daddy and be constantly on the go. I am praying for a sleeping baby! Please pray with me!
-I recovered from my Bronchitis and was able to work out last week and run yesterday. Still feel great minus the frequent potty trips.
That's all I can think of for now. If you are a mom and have an item ore more that I MUST register for PLEASE leave a comment and let me know. I need help!
6 comments:
Umm, the list is way too long, but if you plan on breastfeeding, you need a boppy!!! And a medela pump. And cloth diapers make the best burp rags. YOu also need a moby wrap to carry her. Trust me, You need a moby, even if you make it. Here's how you make it, 6 years of jersey knit, must be jersey knit! material. Cut it up the middle into two pieces of 6yards. Then go online and look up moby to see how to use it. Best thing I ever had! Hotsling is good too, target has those. But I liked the moby better.
I just helped my sister with her registry...she is due April 10. A couple of "essentials" for us:
Baby 411 (much better than the What to Expect book)
If nursing, the nursing pillow called "My Brest Friend" rather than the Boppy
Good luck!
A CD to play everytime she goes to sleep (we have one of the Baby P&W CDs)
That is all the "must haves" I can think of right now.
You look wonderful, and I'm glad you are feeling good again too! I'll have to think about some babies items to suggest, it's been a few years for me.
Yea!!!! You look ADORABLE!!
Thanks for the great advice. The more unhappy I've become with the plus the more I'm leaning towards the Garmin. It seems like it would actually be a better investment. I'm glad you backed that up for me!
I wish I knew what to tell you about the baby.... Maybe tell us what you decide (later) is the most valuable to you. NOT that I need to know NOW.. but someday...
Judah really liked the little vibrating bouncer, and what's great about it is that they are so easy to move from room to room. That way you can be cooking with her right there within sight, or bring her in the bathroom when you have to take a shower and she's awake, etc. And a big floppy sun hat for the summer. Other than that, can't really think of anything else that is already mentioned (plus my baby is 3 so I'm a little out of touch with all the "new" baby things). Good luck with it all!
Post a Comment