Sunday, February 17, 2013

Happiest Place on Earth

Last weekend we took the trip I have been looking forward to for a while. I am sure I was the most excited person in the house! We went to Disneyland for the weekend. We were very fortunate to make it at all. It was one of two times this Winter the road to Disneyland was closed to due snow- wouldn't you know it would be the weekend WE planned to go. Thankfully, by 4am Saturday morning, the roads were open.
We wasted no time at all celebrating our arrival at Disneyland. Madeline got a pin that said "MY first time" and we got her personalized ears to wear.


 Saturday night we made it just in time to see the parade. It was Madeline's first parade ever and judging by her face, she LOVED it! She was in awe the whole time.


Sunday, we decided it was time for her to drive a car for the first time. She's almost three afterall. It was quite a jerky ride and we decided she would need to wait a few more years to get her licenses. She LOVED her driving.

Breaking out of jail


This was her favorite ride- the ponies as she called them. We must have rode the carousel 10 times.  

My favorite thing about this picture is that before we went she kept saying that Goofy was going to act Goofy. I love that he didn't disappoint and that she had NO IDEA until she saw the picture. 


The trip was a blast. It really is such a happy place. Madeline loved every minute. She says her favorite part was meeting Minnie Mouse. Since she is free for a while longer, we decided to buy annual passes. So, we are already planning our next trip back next month. I can not wait again!

While we were there, Madeline also decided she was too big to sleep in the pack n play we brought for her (the one she always sleeps in while away), so she slept in the other queen bed by herself! I am not ready for her to be growing up so much!

In other news, I started training for the San Francisco Marathon. I bought a training guide from Dr. Jason Karp. He has written several running books one of which I am reading right now called Running for Women. This guide is 20 weeks (and I started a week late). I feel that there is no way I can follow the guide exactly because of my full time job and being a mother. I've decided that instead of stressing about it I am going to get as many miles in as possible and be okay with that. Either way, it will be more miles than I got for the last marathon and I will be more prepared than before. I don't care so much about a faster time, I only want it to be easier- is that even possible? I'm not sure. Either way, I have finished up week 2 and starting week 3 tomorrow with a 7 mile run. It is certainly challenging me! I am hoping to get 14 weekday miles in and then 15 this weekend. We will see what REALLY happens.


1 comment:

Merissa said...

It IS the happiest place on earth! Haven't been to Disneyland (it's on our list of trips to take) but we love Disneyworld! How far away are you from there?