disclaimer: I am not gifted at making food look pretty. It really does taste much better than it looks!
First I chopped and mixed the following ingredients: (note we doubled the recipe)
15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups corn (I used frozen, thawed)
6 oz. fresh baby spinach chopped (I used frozen chopped spinach, thawed)
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
2 tsp. cumin
3 zucchinis chopped and steamed
4 medium carrots chopped and steamed
1 red bell pepper (or any color you like)
I mixed all these ingredients and then added a little of enchilada sauce as well. I used store bought sauce but there is a recipe for homemade sauce as well.
Next I poured some sauce in a cooking dish, preheated the oven to 375 degrees, and started putting the whole wheat tortillas in the dish. Then I would add a big scoop of the veggies and a little low-fat cheese and roll 'em up. I was able to fit 8 enchiladas in one 9 x 13 pan.
When all 8 enchiladas were filled and rolled up, then I poured the remaining sauce on the enchiladas (I probably used 1- 11/2 bottles of sauce total. and topped with more low-fat cheese. I think I used 1 to 1/2 cups of cheese.
Here are the ingredients I bought minus the veggies.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until all the cheese is melted. Here is the finished product.
When I transferred to the plate it fell apart a little, but it is SO good! I am amazed at how filling these are! One enchilada fills me up! Aaron adds chicken to his enchiladas still, and they are good too!
Next time I think I will try using Ezekiel brand tortillas instead since they are flour free.
Here is the link to the original recipe with the sauce recipe
.http://www.thegardengrazer.com/2012/03/black-bean-spinach-enchiladas.html
Hope you try them. Let me know what you think or if you add any other veggies to them. Next, I am going to share my own little Starbucks at home!
No comments:
Post a Comment