Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A week in a day!

Wow! So, I'm back to work after being off for 4 months, and it is hard! I feel like it has been 5 days, not just 2! I am adjusting to being a working mom. Have made it two days without crying when I drop and pick Madeline up! That is a major improvement from last week! Madeline is doing great at the sitters. She likes being around the other kids and is still her happy little self. She even lets me take a short nap when we get home and cook dinner before she wakes up! So, I thought I would let you see what my day is like- because it is crazy!
4am-5am sometime here Madeline usually wakes up with gas. Usually by the time I get her back down, it's time for me to get up.
5am- time to get up- I pump while eating breakfast, get my lunch and her milk out and in the car, and get totally ready.
6:45am- Madeline wakes up, eats, dresses, gets in her car seat THEN goes poo, gets out of car seat, gets diaper change again....
7:10- head out the door
7:25-30 arrive at sitters
7:40 arrive at school. During my 2nd period prep, lunch time, and after school I pump in my room for about 20m minutes while grading, lesson planning or emailing ( I am a great multitasker now!)
3:15pm- pick Madeline up
3:40 arrive home, feed Madeline
4:30pm NAP TIME! WOOHOO! Usually I will lay down with her for a while, then get up and cook dinner and clean up the house.
6:30pm- feed Madeline, then she plays (hopefully) and lets me eat. Dad arrives home around 6pm.
8pm- bath time every other day
8:30pm feed Madeline and rock to sleep
9pm start preparing for the next day- pump, get bottles, lunch, clothes, breakfast ready for the next day.
10:30pm BED TIME! yea! and repeat!

I am exhausted just thinking about it. One thing is for sure, I will NOT be taking any work home with me this year! Haven't figured out where to fit working out in there yet.. Last night I ran around 7:30pm and that was okay... it may work.

So, that's what we've been doing. I am hoping this gets easier. It is a lot of work for just one day!

1 comment:

Merissa said...

It will get easier! :) I remember my days of teaching with two kids in daycare (a 6 mo. old and a 3yr old) and taking a night class. I didn't even get to see them on Tuesday's. :( But God helped me make it through that time period- even with a smile. He will give you the strength you need- make sure to keep up your relationship with Him (just talking to Him while you are driving, pumping or whatever else)! You are doing great and I am so proud of you!