Tuesday, August 17, 2010

All good things must come to an end

Madeline is 15 weeks old tomorrow. She is growing so fast now! She is starting to grab things (like my hair) on purpose and not just by chance. Her hand-eye coordination is really improving. She can now reach out and touch the hanging stuffed animals on her bouncy seat. And boy does she talk and talk! I LOVE it! My favorite times are when she wakes up in the morning or from her nap. She will lay there and jabber away until I come get her. I will watch her on the monitor and crack up! I also love our afternoon naps together- which I will miss dearly! When we lay down together, she talks to me for a few minutes telling me all her secrets, then falls asleep. It is such a precious time!

We have survived two half-days at the sitter's. Madeline has done outstanding! In fact, she took a 3 hour nap for her this morning! I can't even get her to take 3 hr. morning naps anymore! Madeline is excited to see the sitter in the morning and happy when I pick her up. She has even already made friends! In fact, she talks ALL the way home telling me about her adventures of the day. Monday was tough for me, but today was a little easier. Aaron dropped her off Monday and told me that they prayed together all the way there. So today, Madeline and I prayed together again on the way. I think this is going to be a morning routine for us- it seems to be working. Once I get to work, I am okay (well, if people would stop asking me where Madeline is staying, I would be okay). The sitter is wonderful and even called mid-morning Monday to let me know everything was going great. It means a lot to me that she is trying to make this week easier for me. I am so thankful for such a great sitter! Tomorrow is our first full day at work. I am not looking forward to being away from her all day, but I know now that I can do it. I am looking forward to working again. I feel refreshed and ready for a new school year! Thank you maternity leave!

As I look at my toenails, I am thinking about how much my life has changed since becoming a mommy. Here are a few:
-my two big toes have lost their nail polish-three days ago- and I have yet to find time to repaint them, but I still wear sandals showing them off daily.
-Don't watch TV except when I'm feeding her and only in 10 minute spurts.
-Instead of getting ready in the morning while listening to the news, I now get ready listening to Madeline's bouncy seat music
-The only time I get to read my book is when I am in the bathroom (for 5 min. spurts) or right before bed (if I can keep my eyes open)
-It is more important to me that Madeline look cute than mommy
-I am trying to figure out how to quickly fix my hair in the morning and even considering not showering some days and sporting a pony tail!
-eating out??? not unless we can get take out.
-haven't been on a date since she was born (we gotta work one in.. after football season)
-will wear clothes with spit up as long as it's "not too bad"

Funny how quickly things changed. I am still loving this mommy thing. I feel truly blessed to have such a precious gift from God.

3 comments:

Merissa said...

She is so precious! You are in my prayers this week!

Christi said...

That picture is adorable!

I am glad that Madeline is doing well at the babysitters. I'm going to email you in January and ask you for advice/encouragement when I go back to work.

I wish I could see my toes to know if they look okay :)

The Reeds said...

Thanks for the link. I will definitely check it out. I always want fresh inspiration. I was getting on today to post about love and logic for a colleague. I'll add your link too. Have a good school year!