Thursday, August 20, 2009
new beginnings
As much as I was dreading going back to work, there are some things that I love. I love getting to see all the staff again. I love the people I work with, so it's so nice to catch up after our vacations. I also love seeing former students.While they may have tried to avoid me while they were in my class, when they get out of my class, I move up to celebrity status and they are all dying to say hi to me all over campus. It's lots of fun and a great ego booster- until the Spring when they decide that they are too cool to acknowledge me. And the new 7th graders. Ahh, they come in so small and cute and timid! I LOVE IT! While I don't consider myself a very nurturing "mothering" type of person, some of it comes out at the beginning of the year. These kids are terrified the first day/week of school. New campus, scary big 8th graders, lots of new teachers. It's so overwhelming. I don't know how they survive the first period let alone the whole day. I love making them feel comfortable, showing them their classes, helping them with their lockers, answering their questions. It's so fun! Ahhh! new beginnings aren't all so bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment