Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fun day at the beach

Aaron and I felt the need to get away today. With the weather so nice, we decided to go to Santa Barbara. I can't think of a better beach town to walk around and soak the sun in. We got there at lunch time and headed for Paseo Nuevo, an outdoor mall downtown. We ate at Kahuna Grill-Aaron's favorite place to eat when we go camping every summer. I found a Kahuna Grill in Santa Barbara and knew we had to stop there. Aaron got his favorite- the Ortega Green Chile Cheese Burger.
Okay so maybe another reason I chose Santa Barbara is because of their great shopping... So, next we shopped and walked around. We happened to stumble across a Coach Store and had to go in. They were having 50% off their clearance items! I found a cute purse that Aaron actually liked. In fact, he talked me into getting it! He even said, (and I quote), "It was such a great deal, you had to get it." I know! I never thought I'd ever hear him say that! And it was a great deal!

Did I mention it was so warm that I wore shorts and flip flips?! In January! It was SO nice! I will be so sad to go back to my jeans and sweaters now. After all that shopping and walking around, I felt hungry, so we replenished our bodies with some nutritious Ben N Jerry's Ice cream! Yummy. Actually, it was more of a tradition- every time I go shopping there with the girls, we eat ice cream before we leave. I couldn't stop tradition. It brought back memories from this summer.

After this, we drove to the beach and walked on the beach. There were tons of people in bathing suits swimming in the cold water and playing in the sand. I kept saying to Aaron, "This is January!" Last year at this time, we were skiing in Yosemite, this year- we're hanging out at the beach. I love living in California. The warm weather can't last forever though; it is supposed to get colder this week and rainy. All good things must come to an end I suppose.

1 comment:

Merissa said...

Well I loved seeing April but your trip to the beach, shopping and eating looks like so much fun!