Monday, January 5, 2009

Pride comes before the fall... literally!

Okay here's a funny story for you:

Tonight, I go to a step aerobics class. I end up front and center in the class, I'm feeling pretty good. In fact, I'm thinking to myself, "All these poor new people will have a tough time, but I am an expert at step."
The class starts going. Song one, two, three, goes by and I'm rocking! Song four- a power cardio peak song starts, and I'm ready to give it my all. The instructor- who is a little loud and scary- is telling us things like, "You are a woman! You have the power! Are you strong? Do you have power? Show me your power!" I told you she's a little scary. So, being in the front and feeling like a pro, I give it power. If she says go across your step, I jump across the step. If she says to raise your knee, I jump with my knee high in the air.

Then all of a sudden, I lose my footing in all my power and fall. It wasn't a small graceful fall either. It was a full out slow motion everyone saw what happened fall! My right foot slipped off my step while my left foot was in the air. I came down on my butt with my feet under me. Then, because I had so much force, I continue to roll onto my back feet flying up in the air. I roll all the way over to my other side. Jump up and smile.

Luckily only my pride was hurt. And I was thinking of teaching step classes this summer...God must have a sense of humor!

1 comment:

Merissa said...

That totally sounds like something that I would do! I'm glad only your pride was hurt! Can't wait to see you again in March sometime-yay!