
We got off to a very late start, so what's new... Anyway, I had wanted to get to Vegas early enough to check in to our hotel, relax, change, and look around the health expo. Instead we barely made it in time to change in the parking lot and get my bib before the expo closed. I was disappointed in the expo, we didn't have much time to look around, and it seemed like most booths were already packed up. We met my running group before dinner and headed up to the pasta party. Which was disappointing as well. I mean for the price we paid... there should have been did better food and more of it! We have fun hanging out with everyone there.
After dinner, we checked in to our hotel. There was a fight and rodeo going on in Vegas this weekend along with the marathon with over 14000 participants. Vegas was packed! By the time we got to our hotel, they didn't have any nonsmoking rooms left. Considering that Aaron and I both have asthma, I was supposed to be able to run in the morning, and I had reserved a nonsmoking room MONTHS ago, I was mad! As we were explaining our situation to the manager (who was not very understanding), a nonsmoking room became available.
After dinner, we checked in to our hotel. There was a fight and rodeo going on in Vegas this weekend along with the marathon with over 14000 participants. Vegas was packed! By the time we got to our hotel, they didn't have any nonsmoking rooms left. Considering that Aaron and I both have asthma, I was supposed to be able to run in the morning, and I had reserved a nonsmoking room MONTHS ago, I was mad! As we were explaining our situation to the manager (who was not very understanding), a nonsmoking room became available.
After the three mile hike from our car with all our luggage through the casino, to the elevator, and another mile from the elevator to the room, we were tired. Actually more like exhausted! I was in bed by 9:30 which was good because we were meeting at 4:45AM to run!
So far our trip was not smooth or ideal. we didn't have a good impression of Vegas or the Luxor hotel.
No comments:
Post a Comment