I've been thinking lately...
I think I'm lonelier than I thought since my BFF left in July. In fact, I think I take it out on Aaron some because I expect him to spend more time with me... I can't figure this out because it's not like my friend and I spent a whole lot of time together while she was here, but I think there's some truth to this. This is definitely harder than I thought. I am waiting for the adjustment to get easier.
Kids. I have a lot of questions about having kids. Like what if I'm afraid of how much I'll change. What if I don't want my priorities to change? How do you go from living a selfish life for 30 years to not living for yourself in 9 months? How do you make it all work- kids, work, a life?
This is probably a depressing post, but I've been thinking about these things lately.
4 comments:
Randy and Aaron need to talk b/c I've tried to make Randy fill that same role many times in our marriage. I do understand and I'm sorry she's physically gone from you. She took half of me with her after we graduated when she headed west and I headed east.
And about kids- no one is ever ready for that. Some people think they are but then the kid comes and they realize they are not quite so ready. It's one of those things you learn as you go and get adjusted to in time- a journey, just like everything else in life is. The Bible says that children are a blessing and they are, along with a lot of hard work! :)
I honestly don't think there is anything you can do to prepare for children. Life will drastically change once you have them and you will have to "grow up" faster than you ever thought possible.
But in the end, the trade off is worth it. I have seen a side of God's love that does not exist outside of parenthood. I am continually amazed and blessed (and very stressed...I am mostly bald now...you probably wouldn't recognize me) by my children. They are my world and joy!
Thanks for the heads up. I only wear those shoes (and it) when exercising. But I'll make sure and turn it off. I would HATE for it to die soon.. it's too much fun!!!
I think that's why God designed it for women to be pregnant for 9 (really 10) whole months. You get plenty of time to get used to the idea!
You would be a great mother, I know it. Of course it's hard, but it's also the most rewarding thing ever.
Post a Comment