This is Ezra, our wild cat. Ezra has been traumatized by the recent mortgage problems in our nation. Here's what happened:Our neighbors across the street "adopted" the stray cats in the neighborhood. Two black cats live outside their house. Ezra is.. well let's face it... he's a bully. He feels that because he moved into the block first, it's his territory. So, Ezra picks fights with all the cats on our street. It's really quite embarrassing for us. Ezra's latest obsession has been to go to the house across the street with the stray cats. He fights the black cats, he scares them off of their own yard, he eats their food. He sits on their cars!
Last week, we noticed that they owners were moving out. The next day, the house was empty. Cats are gone, food is gone, owners are gone. It's been a week, and they are not back. I think they moved out. Poor Ezra doesn't know what to do now. He goes across the street and waits for them... and they never come. I think he's depressed! Even though he fought these cats all the time, I think he really misses them now that they're gone.
Not even our animals are safe from this economic crisis in our country.
Note: please note that while I may be poking fun about my silly cat, I do realize that it is a very sad thing that these people are losing their home, and that many people really are hurting from this crisis.
No comments:
Post a Comment