Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Dog Days of Summer


Is that pathetic or what? Well, this picture of Charley in his pool pretty much sums up how our week has been. Not much is going on here, and it's been so hot, that's probably a good thing. Today it was at least 110 degrees! Right now at 10pm, it's still over 100! It's supposed to stay this hot for a few more days. We are headed to go camping at the beach on Saturday, and I think we will be ready to get away from the heat.
This week has been full of more dr. appts. (it seems like I spend my whole summer catching up on all the appts. I don't do during the school year) and writing papers. Aaron has a paper due this week and one due next week for his seminary class. He is trying to get them done both this week.
The poor dogs have been stuck in the heat all week. We try to cool them off with water and ice cubes (They love ice cubes!), but they still look so hot. Charley spends most of his day hanging out in the pool, and Molly would rather dig a nice mud puddle for herself.
Some people might be bored with our week, but I actually like just being home with nothing to do. Tomorrow all of that ends; I have my nieces for the day. The day is sure to be full of activities! I might need more boring days afterward.

No comments: