Before I share our next three rules, I wanted to let you in on what I have been eating lately. I like routine, so once I find something that works, I can pretty much eat it every day. I like it better that way so I don't have to figure out calories, protein, etc. each meal. You probably like more variety in your diet.
So for breakfast, Due to my chewing problems, I am eating Coach's Oats oatmeal with two egg whites mixed in for added protein and topped with 1 cup of strawberries and half a banana. I love it! I highly recommend Coach's Oats because it has a good amount of protein and NO sugar! You can buy it at Costco or online. It also makes some yummy pancakes! I also like Quaker's high fiber or weight control oatmeal.
For my morning snack, I drink a smoothie. I have been drinking Yoplait's smoothie mix with spinach added because it is only 170 calories and has 10g. of protein from the Greek yogurt and nonfat milk I add, but I just realized it has sugar, and so I will need to make my own smoothies from here on out. Not a biggie since I have the time now.
Lunch is roasted veggies- I cook these on the weekend and reheat with a chicken breast or I will add ground turkey meat cooked in a marinara sauce that I keep in my fridge in case I need to add protein. It's really good and my marinara is sugar free and good for you. I always end lunch with a piece of fruit.
Afternoon snack is an apple with some PB2. I think I mentioned it in an earlier post. It has 85% less fat than regular peanut butter and only 15 calories per 2 tbsp serving! Reg. peanut butter has around 120 cal per serving. The only drawback is that it does contain sugar. I am going to let this pass and keep eating it because there isn't another natural alternative with so few calories. And.. it helps me add to my grams of protein for the day and stay full.
Dinner varies daily but consists of a meat- usually chicken and veggies of some sort with a fruit for dessert.
If I have to choose which rules I think are helping me the most.. .I would say not eating after dinner, slashing my refined flours and grains, and rule # 10 that I am going to share today.
So, here are our new rules for this week:
Rule # 10 No more added sweeteners, INCLUDING artificial ones! I told you it was going to be a tough one! Bob gives a list of names that can be used for sugar. He mentions that sugar and sweeteners have altered our taste buds and minds into thinking we NEED something super sweet. Artificial sweeteners act the same as sugar in the sense that they make you crave more sweets!
Rule #11 Get rid of those white potatoes. Bob says we eat too many of them, so we need to just get rid of them. Sweet potatoes, or yams, are okay to eat, but only before 2pm.
Rule #12 Make one day a week meatless. Come on Bob! I just got enough protein in my diet and now I am supposed to make one day meatless, but still get all the protein in that day? This will be a challenge! But, I bought a bag of pinto beans and I am ready to try them out. I know one person in this house who will be happy. Madeline is a bean eater! Bob says to make one day only plant proteins. I am going to modify this a little and keep the egg whites in the morning. Bob suggests nuts, and nut butters, beans and legumes. Good luck!
How are you doing? Are you still out there? I know there are some people who think this is radical and I am radical for doing this. I thought it was a little at first too, but I know one thing, I like how I feel when I am not eating so much processed foods. I feel like my body works better this way!
No comments:
Post a Comment