Monday, September 13, 2010

Our little gerber daisy


It's amazing to me that a year ago we were announcing my pregnancy and now I'm watching my little girl roll around on the floor. At 4 1/2 months Madeline is rolling over from back to stomach and sometimes back again. There were about 2 weeks after I went back to work when Madeline stopped talking and making noises all together. I was so worried that something was wrong. But after her 4 month shots and a lot of sleep, she woke up talking again. She is gaining weight like crazy and is now in the 75% for her age in height and weight! I kept asking the Dr., "Are you sure I'm not feeding her too much?" She definitely takes after her daddy when it comes to eating! Let's hope she has his metabolism too! She is sleeping better at night too. When we hit the 4 month mark, she started sleeping straight through from 9-4am. Then at 4, I put in her bed with me and she sleeps until 6:30am. We still come home every afternoon and take a nap together. I love when I pick her up after school and we get in the car and she talks and talks to me all the way home. It lets me know she is happy and okay while I'm at work.

Things are great here... busy.. but great. And.... after 9 years of teaching, I have finally learned how to use my time wisely at work and not take anything home! I am the most productive I have ever been at work! I even feel like a better teacher! I've never been this caught up on copies, grading and lesson planning! It's a great feeling and it only took me 9 years to get there ( the fact that I've been teaching the SAME grade and subject for the last 3 years doesn't hurt either).

1 comment:

Merissa said...

Look at that big beautiful smile! I'm so glad things are going great for your sweet family!