Monday, May 10, 2010




These pictures were actually taken a week ago at my mom's house. I think she's already grown so much since then. Well, this week is different than last week. Madeline decided to change her schedule on me this weekend. She woke up for her 5am feeding and didn't go back to sleep Saturday morning. Aaron took her downstairs so I could sleep more, but I guess she was more interested in watching cartoons with dad than sleeping. This threw our entire day off. We had a special baby shower to attend at church. We ended up being late because her eating schedule was off from the day before. In fact, she still wanted to eat when it was time to go. We had to drive 30 minutes across town to get to the shower. I was expecting her to be asleep the whole time we were there, but no, she was wide awake. Everyone loved seeing her awake, I just felt guilty because I knew she wanted to eat more. I just kept a pacifier in her mouth- which I feel guilty about too. Finally I had to feed her there, and then we ended up going home later than I had planned. I'm sure she was fine, but I cried the whole way home. It was very stressful, too stressful, and I felt like I had neglected her the whole time.
Sunday, I had planned to get her newborn pictures taken, after that experience, I cancelled the appointment. Mother's day was nice. I stayed in my sweats all day and napped with Madeline. Last night, she was fussy and we didn't get much sleep. This morning, she was up again at 6am. She hasn't slept much today and was pretty much attached to me from 2pm-8:30pm when Aaron finally took her and got her to go to sleep.
Today has been tough. I love that I can feed her and provide that for her, however, it is wearing on me today. Aaron is great and will take here when I need a break, however, he can't help much when she needs to eat. We are nearing her two week mark (tomorrow), I am hoping this will get better. Someone tell me this gets easier! I have an exercise class I am signed up for tomorrow evening. I am so looking forward to going to home. I hope I get to make it!


3 comments:

Stace said...

Oh Jennifer, believe me, it gets so much easier! I felt like I was in a fog for the first 4 weeks. I called it the post-pregnancy fog. Literally, I woke up after 4 weeks, and was like, "I can do this!". My sister is in the same boat as you. She started pumping and letting her husband feed bottles last week (3 weeks) and they are doing MUCH better.
Hang in there!
Stacy

Jackson4 said...

Girl, I know the feeling of being overwhelmed and stressed out with a newborn. It does get easier...just hang in there. I know there are a ton of books out there on the best way to handle your newborn, but one book that really helped me was "The Baby Whisperer". Not only does it give good parenting tips, it also talks about different "personalities" of babies and how best to deal with each type. I know it's hard, just try to relax and not stress...remember that this too will pass.

Amy Mykytiuk said...

It gets much easier! You are still working out a permanent schedule and your hormones are still crazy and your milk still hasn't stabilized itself yet. Just hang in there. And don't feel guilty about the pacifier! They have been used for thousands of years, and God created babies with a need to suck. It soothes them, since they can't self soothe. They need it!

Don't feel like you can't excuse yourself to feed her either, even if it is all about you and her. Everyone understands, she's a baby and needs to be fed.

Her schedule will get better in about a week. Week three starts settling down adn then by week four, you are totally in a rut! Which is what you want.

Just take it easy and don't worry about having her pics made until she's 6 weeks. I always wait til then because I don't feel so stressed out and I get better pictures. JUst go to someone that is patient and works with babies alot so you can go nurse if you need to. I had to stop pictures with all mine and go nurse, to get them happy again.
Plus by then, you will have a good solid schedule and you can schedule the pics in the best part of the day without interrupting your schedule too much.
You're doing great! What you need most is rest. Lots and Lots of rest. Your body will jump back at 6weeks, don't push yourself or it will get worse.