Monday, June 1, 2009
Getting Older
Last Wednesday I went to Six Flags in CA with the 8th graders from my school. There were several of us "younger" (I use that term loosely because I still think of myself as young) teachers that went to ride some rides. Here's what I noticed: It's not as fun as it used to be. We got on the first ride and I actually feared for my life more than I ever have before- and I've ridden that ride every year! When it was over I was limping- I felt beat up! I was thinking, I don't remember feeling this way before. Then we went on another and another ride. After several rides, we were done! They all had the same results. So, as much as I LOVE riding rides and it sounds like fun, I'm thinking the "fun" I had riding rides doesn't compare to the pain I feel when I get off. This must be what "old" feels like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally hear about the getting older bit. Creaking knees, aching back. I think a roller coaster may kill me.
Yeah.. I guess "knowing" is half the battle as far as what we eat... It drives me NUTS.
Post a Comment