Sunday, August 12, 2012

Summer Fun

What did we do this Summer? We had fun!

 Madeline went to the dentist for the first time! We talked it up big and it went well. She only cried for a minute but loved playing with all the toys there and getting a bracelet for having clean teeth!

 She went shopping in Durango, CO and made out with a balloon, toys, clothes, sunglasses, and stuffed bunny!

 We went to the beach for the day last week because we hadn't been all Summer. She was especially excited to play in the big sandbox! She loved the freezing cold water. We kept making her get out when she started shivering to warm up. 

 We ate! She discovered that she loves to eat corn on the cob- raw! It's actually really good!

 We treated ourselves to yogurt and ice cream often! And threw pennies in the fountain at the shopping center. 

 We played dress up quite a bit even wearing our princess costume to Walmart a few times. Here we were having a hula party. 

 We had a picnic for all her dolls and animals. She even read them books while they ate their meal. 

 We got excited about road trips, going to music class, or gymnastics. Here she is excited about going to the beach. This wore off about 30 minutes into the trip when she discovered she was going to be in the car for a while. 

 We enjoyed smoothies outside a yummy bakery in Mancos, CO. 

 Aaron let me go to a coworkers wedding with my other coworkers (I think he was more than happy to stay home with Madeline instead of going to the wedding). We had a girl's night and it was a blast to get dressed up and dance all night!

 She helped me cooked vegetables by taking one bite out of a veggie and then putting it back on the tray! Mmmm Those were some tasty veggies!

We wore big girl underwear and attempted potty training, but decided she isn't ready yet, and will wait a few more months. Let me tell you, this potty training thing, it is not fun folks! 

 We were stylin' this Summer with some new clothes we got from shopping. 

 She went to a teddy bear picnic at the church with her puppy dog. 

We tired her out many times from all the fun

 We went to Costco and enjoyed their samples. Madeline really enjoyed this day when they were giving our whole pudding cups!

 We played in our new swimming pool thinking of creative ways to use the rings that came with the pool. 

 We played with the cousins Emily and Hannah. If it were up to Madeline, she would live at their house!

And we had her other cousin Ava over often for play dates. 

Whew! This is making me tired just thinking about all the fun we had. I love my job. I love than my job allows me the time off in the Summers. We had a lot of fun this Summer mostly enjoying the little things at home. It was fun. It was busy. And it was fast. Madeline goes back to daycare tomorrow, I start work officially Wednesday. It's at this time every year, that I want to throw myself kicking and screaming on the ground and say that I don't want to go. I know once I get going, I will get over my fit. 

We are so blessed with such a fun, sweet, imaginative little girl! Can't wait to see what this year holds!

1 comment:

Merissa said...

You guys have been busy! Summer always goes by way too fast. She is as precious as ever and I love her curly hair. Glad you are all doing great!