Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer goals, fun and Madeline's big news

Since Aaron has the month of July off from Football I am taking full advantage of him being home and getting back in shape. I have a goal of losing the last 5-8 lbs that have taken up residence on my backside. Since he is home to stay with Madeline, I am working out- nightly- sometimes twice a day. I am on a mission.

So after the first week: I gained two lbs.

Not what I was going for, but I'm sticking with it. This week I've lost those two lbs and am back to where I started. I have two more weeks and I'm hoping to see more results. I have also cut out some sugar and all sweets. By the end of the school year, I HAD to have a STARBUCKS drink to make it to work in the mornings. I didn't like feeling like I HAD to have it. I thought I would die at first, but it is nice to not feel addicted to sugar anymore. I will eat it now if we are at a party and it's offered, but no sugar in the house. I will continue into August, I will just have to get my workouts in in the morning before he has football. Hoping I can report good results to you soon. Maybe I will stick with it since I've announced it here.

Other than working out- which is so hard to do. I hate leaving her. Even though I keep telling myself I am going to miss this when Aaron is working and I can't go workout, I'd just rather be home with them. I am making myself go because I know I need that break now to prepare for the long football season ahead.

So, where was I, oh yeah, other than working out, we are staying busy!

We have a weekly routine that I LOVE! I wish I could do this all year long. One day we meet a little girl from daycare (her friend who is also a year old) and have a play date. Another we go to storytime at the local bookstore, and another day or two we get in swim lessons at an indoor pool. The rest of the week is always filled with trips to the grocery store, grandmas, etc. Did I mention I LOVE THIS!

Oh and I almost forgot! Madeline has BIG NEWS! She started walking last week! We were at a friend's house and she was hammin' it up in the middle of the living room and then she just took off. I. Could.not.believe.it! We were so excited for her. Then this week she stood up on her own in the middle of the floor and started walking. I think she'll be a pro by the time school starts. She already wants to run! Her personality is showing more everyday! She smells flowers anytime she sees them, will sign several words now, points and says doggie everytime she hears one bark

And She LOOVVEESS to eat- especially meat, beans, cheese, and eggs! She's a daddy's girls for sure! When she is crying for food (not at meal time) and we give her a snack, she starts to giggle and I feel like its a "boy I've got you wrapped around my little finger" laugh.

She is so easy going and mild tempered- but throws a fit if she really wants something. The other little girl at daycare doesn't like to share and will take something if Madeline is playing with it. Madeline lets her and doesn't throw a fit about it! I wish she had a little bit more of a fight in her, but that is her gentle, kind, peacemaker daddy's personality.

By the way- how do you like the new design?? Our dog Charley died on Memorial Day and I decided it was time to change the blog- besides the fact that the focaus hasn't been on the dogs for a while now...

2 comments:

The Reeds said...

Love the blog and so sorry about your dog. :( that's always so sad. I'm glad you're enjoying summer and LOVE hearing how your health quest goes. I love accountability and it helps to motivate me. I need about 50 pounds of motivation to start coming off in two months (I'm not even thinking about it before that).

How long did you pump for?

Congrats on the walking!

Merissa said...

I can't believe she's walking and all finished with her first year- doesn't it all go by way too fast! She's precious, and I'm glad you are having a wonderful summer!