Monday, June 14, 2010

Grandma Comes to Visit

Aaron's mom came to visit last week and we had a great time with her! She got to meet Madeline for the first time, and as you can see in the picture above, Madeline took to her right away! Madeline and grandma spent lots of time napping together and rocking to sleep. We all got a little spoiled having her here. She was such a tremendous help to me. It was nice to have someone take Madeline and rock her or just hold her after I was done feeding her especially in the evenings. Aaron really enjoyed working in the yard with her. They put together a vegetable garden and planted flowers. They were like kids in a candy jar at the nursery (don't know how many times they went to the nursery last week)! Bobbi left this morning, and we are all sad she's gone. I am so thankful Madeline has a grandma who loves her and will be a Godly example to her. We just wish she was closer. We will have to make a trip out to see her soon.

Aside from grandma coming this week, my friend Michelle came to visit as well. It was so nice to have some girl time with her! Last Friday, we took a girl's trip to Santa Barbara to go shopping. Of course we HAD to take Madeline along- start her early. I was a little nervous about taking her on a day long trip. I didn't know how she would do riding in the car that long. In the end, she did great! She was only fussy one time when she wanted to eat. I was so amazed. She slept most of the day. we are going to try another out of town trip this weekend to the beach. Yesterday, we had Madeline's baby dedication at church. I was so glad to have Bobbi, Michelle, and my siblings there for it. It was a special time for us, and I was able to hold it together through the whole thing. I will post pics from the service later. Here are some pictures from the past week.
This is the dress we found on our shopping trip- her dedication day dress.

Her first trip to the farmer's market. It was so much fun, we are going to have to do it again- maybe weekly!
A smile! I get them a lot now! Love those smiles!

This is from our shopping trip. Doesn't she look like a superstar? I couldn't believe she kept the sunglasses on the whole day! So fun!




2 comments:

Stace said...

Great pictures! I love the one of her smiling. She is so sweet.

Stacy

Merissa said...

I enjoyed Michelle sending me pics on my phone! She is already changing quite a bit and I love her smiles!