Okay so I KNOW that 3500 calories = 1lb. and in order to gain 1 lb., you have to consume 3500 more calories than you consume. I also know that in order to lose 1 lb., you have to burn 3500 more calories than you consume. But some times, I DON'T believe it! It took me months to get 10 lbs off, and I had to work hard at it. But overnight, I've gained back 5 lbs.! Okay, so it wasn't over night, but within a few days! (if you don't count those two weeks that I was afraid to weigh myself because of the food I was eating.) It started as 2 lbs. and then another. Then I started telling my friends that I needed to be careful, and do you know what they told me? They said, "Oh big deal, three lbs.". And I started to believe them. And now, here I am 5 lbs. up and miserable! Why does it come on SO fast but come off SOOO SLOW? Don't you wish losing weight was as easy as putting it on? lol!
I finally got serious about it this week. I knew I was doing something wrong- like eating too many calories- because it wasn't coming off. I made a batch of cabbage and vegetable soup which consists of cabbage, celery, tomatoes, okra, carrots, and zucchini. My plan was to eat this everyday- if possible twice a day and watch the weight come off. So, I ate this everyday for lunch and a few times for dinner. I was SICK of it by the second day, but I kept eating. I also started keeping track of my calories again. After 5 days of suffering through that soup guess how much weight I lost??? NONE! can you believe it? I was so mad by Friday.
Speaking of Friday, my kids had a ice cream and dessert party. One student brought this amazing chocolate cake from a local restaurant. I cut a little piece for myself and ate it. Oh, it was so good! SO GOOD! Loved it! The other crazy thing about yesterday is that I was SO busy, I burned MORE calories yesterday just working than I do other days when I actually work out!
Got on the scales this morning and ..... I had lost 1/2 a lb! WOOHOOO! So, the lesson here is: Diet and eat chocolate cake- you'll lose weight too! lol!
No comments:
Post a Comment